Jobs & Internships
Director of Finance & Administration
Signature Theatre, an award-winning theater company in the Washington DC metro area, seeks an experienced and detail-oriented Director of Finance & Administration to support the organization in financial stewardship, planning, analysis, risk management and human resources functions.
The ideal candidate will have high-level nonprofit financial and operations management experience including financial reporting, projections, and cash flow forecasting. The position requires strong strategic and analytical skills and a firm understanding of restricted vs. unrestricted grants, multi-year pledges, Foundation grants, NPV and allowance for doubtful accounts. Candidate will provide strong leadership and development opportunities to a staff of two.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain responsibility for all financial records
- Protect assets and ensure financial accuracy by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures and internal controls
- Coordinate and lead the external audit and tax return processes, liaise with accountants and the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors
- Ensure compliance with appropriate GAAP and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and monitor budgets and projections with senior management
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial reporting
- Manage day to day accounting operations including A/R, A/P, payroll, reconciliations, cash management and maintenance of the general ledger
- File and pay Monthly Sales and Meals taxes
- Oversee Human Resources
- Manage asset schedules and property tax return
- Preside over all organizational insurance and workers compensation packages
- Manage all permits and licenses including business licenses, sales tax exemptions, Food and Restaurant permits, liquor license, Solicitation of contributions permits etc.
The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of 501©3 nonprofit financial management experience, expert computer skills in MS Office and QuickBooks, Tessitura Experience a huge plus, working knowledge of GAAP, audits and other regulatory requirements, and have experience managing others.
The Director of Finance & Administration is a full time, annual exempt position. Signature Theatre offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits including medical, dental, retirement, and paid leave.
To apply, please send résumé and cover letter to Maggie Boland at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: “Signature Director of Finance & Administration”.
SIGNATURE THEATRE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
APPLICANTS FROM DIVERSE BACKGROUNDS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.