Designed for college students and recent graduates, Overtures is a two-week intensive, professional training program that provides rigorous and comprehensive instruction in vocal and performance technique, dance, acting and audition skills.
Students participate in classes, private sessions and master classes, from 10AM to 9PM, six days a week during their two weeks of training. The experience culminates with an audition for local professional casting directors. Following the audition workshop, students perform a fully-staged showcase for the public.
The Overtures 2015 Showcase has already taken place. Information about the 2016 showcase will be available in early 2016.
Auditions for Overtures 2015 have already taken place. Audition information for Overtures 2016 will be available in August. Students must be at least 17 years old to audition for Overtures. Students 14 to 17-years-old are invited to audition for Signature’s acclaimed Stage One workshop.
Tuition for the 2016 Overtures will be $1,750. Housing availability is very limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Additional costs for housing can be expected.
Fellowships are available for applicants with special circumstances. A limited number of full and partial tuition fellowships are made possible by individual and organizational donors. Fellowship funds can also be awarded for travel, housing and per diem expenses.
Guest instructors have included:
- Tony Award® winners: Harriet Harris, Donna McKechnie and Marsha Norman
- Broadway performers: Hunter Bell, Heidi Blickenstaff, Matt Bogart, Carolee Carmello, Tim Federle, Marc Kudisch, Norm Lewis and Emily Skinner
- Songwriters: Jeff Bowen, Zina Goldrich, Ricky Ian Gordon, Marcy Heisler and Richard Maltby
- New York Casting Directors: Stuart Howard and Tara Rubin
- NBC Producer Dean McFlicker