Travel deep Into the Woods for a five part behind-the-scenes seminar about the making of Sondheim’s fairytale adventure at Signature. Begin your journey with a special meeting with the director and creative team that delves into the themes of the show and the concepts for the design, and travel all the way through the dress rehearsal where the musical comes together. The way is clear and the light is good to go Into the Woods and be home before dark!
- Our Little World: Creating the World of Into the Woods
- October 20 – 7PM-8PM
- Signature’s Artistic Director, Matthew Gardiner, directs this beloved Stephen Sondheim musical in an imaginative production centered on community and responsibility. Join Matthew and designers of this production as they talk about their process of bringing us into the woods by way of the MAX Theatre.
- The Most Beautiful Tunes: The Music of Into the Woods
- October 27 – 7PM-8:30PM
- Join Jon Kalbfleisch, Signature’s Resident Music Director, for an engaging journey through Sondheim’s Tony Award-winning score, highlighting exactly how Mr. Sondheim’s music communicates meaning and narrative to our listening ears. Members of the cast join to perform select numbers to showcase Sondheim’s witty lyrics and sophisticated score.
- The Way is Clear, The Light is Good: Tech Rehearsal
- November 2 – 7PM-9PM
- The sets, props, lights, costumes, and actors all come together the week before performances to bring the production to life. Watch a technical rehearsal where all of these elements are integrated and perfected to create one seamless experience.
- It Takes Two: The Sitzprobe
- November 5 – 1:30PM-3:30PM
- The cast and the orchestra have been rehearsing separately until now. The Sitzprobe is where these two crucial components finally meet as music and lyrics join to perform Sondheim’s unforgettable songs.
- Last Midnight: Final Dress Rehearsal
- November 6 – 7PM
- You’ve discussed the show, you’ve watched the technical rehearsal, you’ve heard the music. Now, see how everything unites to create theatrical magic as the final element – the audience (and you!) – is added.
Friends of Signature Price $220