Are you the next Broadway or pop sensation? The Tony Award®-winning Signature Theatre in Arlington, VA is launching the first Signature Voice competition on August 2nd during the theaters annual Open House.
Signatures artistic staff chooses finalists based on audition videos submitted by the Monday, July 27th deadline at 6:00 PM. Those interested should upload a video to YouTube and send Signature the link at email@example.com. All are encouraged to apply!
Of the videos submitted for consideration, Signature will select four finalists to compete and perform at the Signature Voice Competition in front of a panel of celebrity judges. Artistic Director Eric Schaeffer (Broadways Gigi, Million Dollar Quartet) will be joined by NBC4 News Anchor Wendy Rieger and Signature favorite Nova Payton (Signatures Dreamgirls, Hairspray). The winner of the Signature Voice Competition will then have the opportunity to perform later that same day at the Broadway on the Plaza Finale Concert, one of the most exciting events at the Open House.
SIGNATURE VOICE RULES AND GUIDELINES
- The deadline for video submissions is the end of the day on Monday, July 27.
- Applicants can select any musical theatre song. Auditions may be a cappella or with accompaniment. * A pianist will be available to accompany finalists.
- Applicants may choose to accompany themselves with an instrument should they deem it appropriate and supportive of their vocal performance.
- Those interested should upload a video to YouTube and send Signature the link at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may not apply if you performed at a previous years Signature Idol competition.
- No one who has been paid to perform previously on the Signature stage may audition.
- Finalists must be available to attend a rehearsal and the Open House on August 2nd.
- Finalists will be notified by email.