How do you assign seats? When will I receive my subscription tickets?
Seating begins in mid-April, and tickets are mailed in late May/early June. Subscribers have priority to exchange their tickets to other dates (or purchase additional tickets) before single tickets go on sale to the general public in July.
Many factors come into play for the order in which we seat subscribers. These include subscriber history, Friends of Signature support, single ticket history, recent donations, and the date the subscription order was received. All of these are considered as we determine the order in which we seat patrons.
Additionally, subscribers who indicate they are flexible in their date and time preferences will most likely receive better seats, as we can move them to a date or time which might have more seating availability.
We do our best to honor any noted ideal seating preferences and, of course, accessibility needs. Please be as specific as possible with accessibility needs – for example, please don’t say “limit stairs” if you can’t climb any stairs at all; in that case notate “no stairs.”
What are your exchange policies?
Subscribers may exchange tickets without handling fees until 24 hours prior to your ticketed performance.
- Exchange as many times as you like without handling fees.
- We will reseat in the best available seats in your price tier at the time of the exchange.
- If you are exchanging to a more expensive performance (a First Week to a non-First Week performance, a Tuesday to a Saturday, etc), you will need to pay the difference in price.
- Tickets may not be exchanged from one production to another production.
- Tickets may not be exchanged after the performance has already passed.
- Unless there are extenuating circumstances, a $5 fee will be assessed on day of exchanges as it is much less likely that we will be able to re-sell the seat.
Donors of $1,200 and above may exchange their seats up to two hours prior to the performance without either exchange handling fees; additionally any upgrade charges will also be waived.
How do I exchange?
- Contact the Box Office at 703 820 9771 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please have the name of the subscription holder or account number handy.
- If you are not exchanging all tickets in the order, please provide the seat numbers to be changed.
- Please have a few back up dates ready in case the performance you wish to change to is full.
- New tickets will be mailed or held at will call. Please be sure to discard the old tickets.
- You will need the new tickets to enter the Theatre.
Can I buy extra tickets?
Subscribers may purchase additional tickets at a $10 discount per ticket for main stage shows.
What time do doors open? What happens if I arrive late?
The Theatre opens 90 minutes prior to each performance; seating begins approximately 30 minutes prior to the start of the performance. We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes prior to the performance, especially if your tickets are at will call. Late seating is at the discretion of Theatre managers, patrons may have to wait several minutes before being admitted for an appropriate break in the action. Patrons who arrive late may be sat in different locations from their original seats, and may return to the original seats after intermission.
How do I get to the Theatre? Where do I park?
What happens if I lose my tickets?
The Box Office will be happy to re-issue your tickets. Please call us in advance or arrive a few minutes early.
What if I can't use my tickets?
You may donate your tickets back to Signature no later than 24 hours in advance of the performance.
Where can I eat? Can I bring drinks into the Theatre?
Alis Bar is open 90 minutes prior to each performance with a café menu and full bar. Please click here for the menu. Yes! You may bring drinks into the Theatre. Please let the bartender know when you are ordering if you wish to bring the drink into the Theatre.
What accessibility services do you offer?
Signature offers a variety of accessible options. Please click here for more information.
Is there an age limit?
Unless the performance is specifically for children, no one under 6 will be admitted.
Can I record or take pictures inside the Theatre?
Our union agreements prohibit any still or video recording of any kind by patrons inside the Theatre. House managers will require that any recordings taken inside the Theatre be deleted.