In School Residences
Signature Theatre‘s Education Department offers on-site residencies and workshops at high schools throughout Arlington and the greater DC area. These personalized experiences vary in length and subject matter depending on the needs of the interested school teachers. Each partnership provides high-quality education workshops with personal hands-on instruction.
Because each residency is individually designed, residencies can run any length of time (from one day to even a year-long residency.) Residencies in the past have been established with theater classes, English classes, social studies classes, HILT classes and are available for a wide-variety of subjects. Regardless of the subject, Signature guarantees a hands-on and theatrical approach to assisting the classroom teacher in teaching their students.
Sample subjects taught in the past:
- Media literacy
- A wide variety of historical subjects including global imperialism, D-Day, the French Revolution and McCarthyism
- Collaboration skills
- Augusto Boal and the Theatre of the Oppressed
- Cultivating creativity
- Developing a Director‘s Concept
- Directing actors
- Musical theater performance
- Musical theater auditions
- Text analysis
- Theatrical design