In School Residences
Signature Theatre‘s Education Department offers on-site residencies and workshops at high schools throughout the greater DC area. These personalized experiences vary in length and subject matter depending on the needs of the interested school teachers. Each partnership provides high-quality education workshops with personal hands-on instruction.
Because each residency is individually designed, residencies can run any length of time (from one day to even a year-long residency.) Residencies in the past have been established with theater classes, English classes, social studies classes, HILT classes and are available for a wide-variety of subjects. Regardless of the subject, Signature guarantees a hands-on and theatrical approach to assisting the classroom teacher in teaching their students. Costs for residencies and workshops are minimal and determined between Signature Education and the school’s teacher, based on the school’s budget and economics as well as the expenses of the programming.
Sample subjects taught in the past:
- Media literacy
- A wide variety of social studies issues including freedoms of expression, immigration, the 19th Amendment, civil rights and more!
- Augusto Boal and the Theatre of the Oppressed
- Cultivating creativity
- Developing a Director‘s Concept
- Directing actors
- Musical theater performance
- Musical theater auditions
- Text analysis
- Theatrical design
- Physical acting
- The Business of Show Business
- Vocal performance and technique
- Musical theater dance
- Stage combat
- College audition prep