The Apprentice program at Signature offers hands-on professional experience to young performers, playwrights, directors and designers. Signature partners with the Arlington Public Schools Fine Arts Apprentice Program, a gifted program for students of theater, music, dance, or visual arts.
Any rising 10, 11 or 12-grade Arlington Public School student is eligible to apply. Interested theater students should have theatrical experience and a vested interest in learning theater. The program accepts both acting and technical theater students.
In addition to the benefits available to Arlington Fine Arts Apprentices of all disciplines, theater apprentices receive the following benefits:
- A ticket to every production on Signature‘s main stage season.
- A pre-show lesson before each performance and the chance to interview an artist affiliated with each production after the performance.
- Audition workshops for actors and free collaboration and critical studies workshops for both actors and technicians.
- Shadowing opportunities for technical students.
- Currently, only Wakefield High School students and members of the Arlington Fine Arts Apprentice program are eligible to participate in Apprentice program.
- Apprentices also are given access to free coaching throughout the year and are given preference for internships, senior experience/projects, etc. The Apprentice at Signature hopes to provide an entry-level opportunity for the next generation of theater professionals.