Signature’s Plans Regarding COVID-19
In response to guidance from the CDC and state and local authorities, Signature Theatre has made the decision to close our doors to the public through the beginning of June and is cancelling or rescheduling the following performances and events.
Easy Women Smoking Loose Cigarettes
If you hold tickets for cancelled performances, we are working on a way to allow you to experience this sold out show in an innovative way with streaming video. Ticket holders will have the following options:
- Leave your tickets as-is to view the show online. We recorded and are editing a high-quality video of the production and working closely with our unions to be able to deliver this stellar production to you. We will follow up with more information no later than March 30. Choosing this option will not only give you the opportunity to experience this play reviewers called “a little gem that is laugh-out-loud cathartic” (MD Theatre Guide) but is also an important way to help the theater continue our operations and support our artists and staff.
- Donate your ticket and receive a tax receipt for the total ticket value. This option is another important way you can help Signature during this crisis.
- Exchange your ticket into any future other performance currently on sale or a Signature Gift Certificate. All exchange fees will be waived.
Camille Claudel will be moved to the 2020/21 Season. Dates will be announced later this spring/summer. Options for ticket holders are listed below.
Nijinsky’s Last Dance will be postponed to this summer. Dates will be announced as soon as we are able. Options for ticket holders are listed below.
Hair will be postponed to this summer. Dates will be announced as soon as we are able. Options for ticket holders are listed below.
Not A Day Goes By: Signature Turns 30 cabaret originally scheduled in June/July 2020 has been cancelled due to the other changes in the schedule. Options for ticket holders are listed below.
Signature Conservatory will be meeting virtually for the remainder of the semester. Our education department will follow up with affected students.
Signature Spring Break Workshop is cancelled. Parents can donate the value of the registration and receive a tax receipt for the value, receive a Signature gift certificate for the value of the registration or request a refund.
Inside Signature is cancelled for the rest of the season.
First Glimpse and Funders’ Opening Nights for Nijinsky’s Last Dance and Hair will be rescheduled.
Up Next: The Making of a Theater Season on Monday, April 13 will be rescheduled.
The Sondheim Award Gala honoring Carol Burnett, originally scheduled for Monday, April 6, has been rescheduled for Monday, June 29. Tickets for the gala are available at this link.
Signature Seminar: Musical Revolution in the Age of Aquarius will be rescheduled. New dates will be announced once Hair is rescheduled.
SigWorks: Dance Technique for Performers sessions have been cancelled through June.
SigWorks: Monday Night Play Readings of The Story of Walter and At the Full Yum will be rescheduled.
Signature’s 2020/21 Season Announcement originally scheduled for Tuesday, April 14 will be rescheduled.
The health and safety of our patrons, employees, artists, and students are of the utmost importance. We are grateful to everyone for working with us to minimize the financial impact on the Theatre, our artists and our staff.
This is a rapidly evolving situation and Signature will update these plans as necessary. We will continue to follow the guidance of local and state authorities and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these unprecedented times. Please consider making a donation to help Signature stay strong through this crisis. Due to cancelled and postponed programming, ticket sales have been impacted, and your gift of any size will help us pay our dedicated staff through the closing. Please contact us at 571 527 1828 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Ticket Holders Have the Following Options:
- If the performance is being rescheduled, do nothing – we will move your ticket to the same seats on the new performance date and send the new tickets to you. Please note, Camille Claudel tickets will be sent later this spring/summer when we mail the 2020/21 season tickets. Subscribers, please see additional notes about Camille Claudel below.
- Donate your ticket and receive a tax receipt for the total ticket value. This option is an important way that you can help the theater to continue our operations, be ready to reopen as soon as possible and support Signature staff through this crisis.
- Exchange the value of your ticket into any other performance currently on sale. Exchange fees will be waived.
- Receive a Signature Gift Certificate for the value of your ticket.
- Request a refund. Please note, in the midst of this crisis it may take several weeks for us to process refund requests.
Please contact the Box Office to let us know what you would like to do with your tickets. Associates are available at 703 820 9771 and firstname.lastname@example.org to work with you on the option that best suits your needs. Please note that the physical Box Office location is currently closed.
We anticipate that call and email volume will be high for the next couple of weeks, so we thank you in advance for your patience as our staff endeavors to assist all our patrons.
Patrons who bought tickets through third parties (eg. TodayTix, Goldstar) will be contacted by those companies.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR 2019/20 SUBSCRIBERS WITH TICKETS TO CAMILLE CLAUDEL:
Camille Claudel will now be a part of the 2020/21 Signature Season.
If you took advantage of our early renewal offer to purchase the full 8-show season in 2020/21, this show will be a part of the season and you will have the same seats you were assigned this year. Additionally, you can take advantage of any of the above options, but we would greatly appreciate if you could support Signature by donating your duplicate tickets to receive a tax receipt for the value of the tickets.
If you plan to renew next season, you will automatically be renewed into Camille Claudel and have the same seats you were assigned this year. This production will count towards the minimum 3-show package. So, if you plan on purchasing a 3-show package when we announce the 2020/21 season you would only need to choose two other shows to complete your package.