More content below
Virtual Masterclass: Designing a Costume, From the Sketch to the Stage
Get an insider’s look at costume design and creation with professional costume designer Alison Samantha Johnson and Signature’s Costume Director Frederick P. Deeben. From character research through sketching to collaboration with the Costume Shop, you’ll learn the full process of telling a story through garment design.
- How to research for Costume Design
- Budgeting for costumes
- Building from scratch versus store bought clothes
- Tips for collaboration with designers and directors
- Working with the Costume Shop
- Fabric selection and improvisation when what you want isn’t in stock
This class is for anyone who is interested in learning about costume design or how a costume shop works.
Masterclass will take place over Zoom.
Registration will close at 6PM the day of the event.